Connect Jira Cloud to Synk.to
Step 1: Create an API token from your Atlassian account
- Log in to your Atlassian account with account that have “Administer Jira” global permission.
- Go to Security → “Create and manage API tokens” or just click https://id.atlassian.com/manage/api-tokens.
- Click Create API token.
- From the dialog that appears, enter "SynkTo" as the Label for your token and click Create.
- Click Copy and save the API token. Note that for security reasons it isn't possible to view the token after closing the creation dialog; if necessary, create a new token.
- Get your Jira Cloud site URL. It should look like: https://your-domain.atlassian.net
Step 2. Connect Jira Cloud to Synk.to
- Go to the SynkTo Systems page, find Jira in “Choose a System” field, and click “Add a System”.
- Provide “Custom Name” and “Description” to the system in order to remember it. It will be used in “My Connections” section.
- In “Authentication settings” provide your “Atlassian account email address”, “Jira site URL”, “API Token” from Step 1 of the guide, and “Jira project name” (the list of the projects can be found at https://your-domain.atlassian.net/jira/projects).
- Click “Check connection”.
- If everything is fine, you will see “Account Connected” green mark and the number of users and groups in the system in the bottom.
- Click “Save” and you will see the system in My Systems list. Congrats!!! Now you can use it in “My Connections” section of Synk.to.