Prior setting up Google Workspace and Microsoft 365 Admin Center users and groups sync you should have Google Workspace and Azure AD (yes, that’s right. Azure AD (or Entra ID) and Microsoft 365 Admin Center have the same API) connected in “My Systems” section of Synk.to application.
If you don’t have them, don’t worry and just follow the following articles first:
- Login to Synk.to and open “My Connections” section of the application.
- Choose Google Workspace as a Source System (which will be used as a reference for users and groups) and Azure AD (Entra ID) as a Replica System (which will receive any users and groups updates made in Source System), and click “Create Connection”.
- On a Step 1, set up “Custom Name”, sync intervals, “Connection Description”, and check the following settings, if you:
- Allow to automatically create new users in the Replica system,
Allow to automatically deactivate/delete users in the Replica system.
Without that settings Synk.to can’t make any critical actions (creation, deletion and suspension) with users in Replica System.
If Microsoft 365 group is Microsoft Teams enabled group, the user will be automatically added to the corresponding Microsoft Teams channel after synchronization. Note: Teams licensing plan (for example, Microsoft 365 Enterprise E3 or Microsoft 365 Business Premium) should be assigned to a user and the user is should be enabled for Teams prior synchronization.
- Check user mapping in the table view. Initially all users are mapped by email and you can’t change that behavior. Use table search to facilitate the mapping.
- (optional) Change “Action(s)” from “To Synk” to “To Ignore” for all users you want to skip from synchronization (eg. service or group users). You can use table search to find all of them.
- (optional) Click “Sync Another Group” if you want to add more groups in one Connection.
- Click “Activate” to launch users synchronization.
Click “Done” to finish the connection.